Demetrios Fakinos is head of the European Design Awards.
Since 2007 a group of people, made out of publishers, journalists, editors and academics, come together on a yearly basis, to gather, evaluate and acknowledge the best examples of communication design in our continent. It is a very special and unique set up, in the sense that it involves the people who curate similar content on an every day basis. As such it also provides participants with an opportunity to make their work visible to a wider audience (through the media that the jury members represent). The European Design Awards wraps up with a festival in a different city every year, leading up to the awards ceremony. This creates an ideal opportunity for the most creative people of our community to come together, benchmark, be inspired and celebrate.
Demetrios Fakinos studied Business Administration at the University of Pireaus and obtained a MSc in Human Resources Management from the University of Strathclyde. He entered the world of publishing in 1998 with +DESIGN (initially called DeltaD) and has been servicing the communication design scene ever since.
Initiator and manager of the:
– Greek Graphic Design & Illustration Awards (EBGE) since 2002
– Design Panorama Conference from 2004 to 2013
– European Design Awards since 2007 (in colaboration with 15 European design magazines)
– “Design υπό Στέγη” circle since 2011 (in colaboration with the Onassis Cultural Centre)
– Digitized conference since 2011 (in colaboration with niceandneat.gr)
– ESW interior design conference since 2012 (in colaboration with archisearch.gr)
– DesignAthens since 2014