BELGRADE DESIGN WEEK BECOMES PART OF “HUMAN CITIES / CHALLENGING THE CITY SCALE” EUROPEAN PROJECT
On 21st and 22nd November the Cité du design will host the kick-off meeting of the European project “Human Cities, Challenging the City Scale”.
This project is one of the 21 of 74 selected by the European Program Creative2020/Culture. With the Cité du design Saint-Etienne as leader and coordinator, it gathers 11 partners from various fields: universities, design centres and design weeks, ICT platforms, service design and creative design consultancies.
Over a period of four years (2014-2018) they will share their know-how in innovating with people in the urban space using design as a creative and sustainable tool. The partners will work on a continuous human-driven and cultural programme questioning the position and status of people in relation to their city and ever-changing flow space(s) : How to design urban spaces with people taking into account their perception and interaction with the contemporary ‘flow space’?
1. La Cité du design, Saint-Etienne [FR] – Coordinator
2. University Politecnico di Milano, Milan [IT]
3. Urban Planning Institute of the Republic of Slovenia, Ljubljana [SI]
4. Clear Village, London [UK]
5. Zamek Cieszyn (design center), Cieszyn [PL]
6. Association Design Week Belgrad [RS]
7. Pro Materia, Brussels [BE]
8. Aalto University, Helsinki
9. FH Joanneum University, Graz [AT]
10. Association of Estonian designers, Tallinn [EST]
11. BEAZ/Bilbao-Bizkaia Design&Creativity Council, Bilbao [ES]
The official and public launch of the project will take place during the Biennale Internationale Design Saint-Etienne 2015 (12th March- 12th April 2015)
read the original here